Morrill Hall - Room 13
Meeting dates: Cohort I --- April 27 and April 28, 2019, Saturday and Sunday, 9am - 1pm
Cohort II -- May 4 and May 5, 2019, Saturday and Sunday, 9am - 1pm
Free workshops to introduce middle and high school students to coding. Limited seats, so please register soon!
Instructor: Mr. Andew Meislitzer, MobileCSP Master Teacher
Students will learn:
- Technology set up (classroom is equipped with computers & tablets)
- Building your own app using App Inventor
- Synching computer code with an android device (phone / tablet)
- Creating programs, saving programs, and share code with your team
- Potentially be invited back as peer mentors for future cohorts
Program topics will include:
- Learning logic constructs (conditional statements, loops, etc.)
- Designing user interface and using a variety of GUIs (text boxes, radio buttons, list pickers, etc.)
- Using canvas and sprite function to create animated backdrops
- Creating / using a database for data storage
- Creating socially useful apps as well as fun games
If there are questions, please email email@example.com.
501 Crescent St.
New Haven, 06515