John Lyman Center for the Performing Arts
The NHSO marks the 80th Anniversary of singer Marian Anderson’s groundbreaking performance at the Lincoln Memorial with a concert that celebrates the perseverance of the human spirit and the ability of music to speak to power. This resonant, poignant performance will use the words of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr; visual media by Elliott Forrest; and music by Aaron Copland, Joseph Schwantner, Daniel Bernard Roumain, and others to commemorate and examine what it means to be an American. Featuring:
- New Haven Symphony Orchestra -- William Boughton conductor
- Harolyn Blackwell soprano & narrator
- Kristin Renee Young soprano
- Elliott Forrest visual artist
- New Haven All-City Student Orchestra
SCSU Student Tickets: $10 | SCSU Faculty & Staff: $15-74
Get 20% off when you use the code SCSU20.
(Full-price tickets only. Cannot be combined with other discounts or applied to previously purchased tickets.)
(203) 787-4282 | NewHavenSymphony.org
This is not a Lyman Center or university sponsored event. For ticket availability and information please call contact below.
ContactNHSO Box Office
Phone: 203-865-0831 x 20