Engleman Hall - Room C112
Join Biology faculty and other Biology majors at the Biology Advisement Seminar! This will be a "one stop shop" for all of your advising needs!
1. Become familiar with our degree programs; we'll discuss the differences between a B.S., B.S. for Pre-Professional, B.S. with Certification, and a B.A. Which one are you in? Is it appropriate considering your career goals?
2. Learn about the paperwork you're responsible for, e.g., have you filled out all of the correct forms for your major and degree program? For your personal adviser and the department? For transfer credits? For graduation?
3. Become familiar with the biology and cognate courses required for your degree program.
4. Learn about internship and research opportunities.
5. We'll walk you through a Detailed Degree Evaluation -- this will put you on track with all courses required for your degree program and help you graduate in a timely manner.
STUDENTS MUST BRING:
1. A current copy of your Detailed Degree Evaluation
2. Your student ID
3. A list of courses that you are interested in taking
4. Know who your personal adviser is. Adviser/advisee pairings are posted outside of the main Biology Department office in JE 231.
We strongly recommend and encourage all biology majors to attend! We look forward to helping you.
ContactNicholas Edgington, Ph.D.
Phone: (203) 392-6219